Network optimization and performance evaluation is still a topic that attains a lot of attention in network/Internet and distributed systems. Due to the recent advances in Internet based applications as well as distributed and mobile communication systems, we are witnessing a variety of new technologies. However, these systems are becoming very large and complex, and consuming large energy at the same time. System optimization and performance evaluation remain to be resolved before these systems become a commodity.
The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to discuss and share their research and development experiences. We welcome contributions within a broad range of network optimization and performance evaluation, from fundamental information theoretic results to considerations for network quality of service. Our goal is to have a single track meeting with lively scientific discussions and fruitful exchange of views, and to accommodate a wide variety of backgrounds and research attitudes.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Energy-aware performance models and metrics
- Metrics for network system performance evaluation
- Energy efficient content delivery networks and content centric networks
- Energy-aware cross-layer and cross-platform techniques
- Green extensions to traffic engineering protocols and techniques
- Network system energy consumption/performance trade-off
- Modelling and optimization of energy consumption on network-attached hosts
- Control and optimization techniques applied to network/Internet
- Measurement and characterization of networks traffic such as WLANs, cellular networks (including smartphone and mobile application traffic characteristics), wireless home networks, and sensor networks, wireless mesh network, cloud computing.
You are invited to submit papers with unpublished, original research describing recent advances on the areas related to this workshop. All papers will undergo peer review by the conference program committee. Accepted and presented papers will be included in the IEEE CPS Proceedings (EI indexed). Authors of selected papers will be invited to extend their papers for submission to special issues in prestigious Journals.
All papers need to be submitted electronically through the conference website ( https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=nope2014) with PDF format. The materials presented in the papers should not be published or under submission elsewhere. Each paper is limited to 6 pages (or 8 pages with the over length charge). including figures and references using IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style (two columns, single-spaced, 10 fonts). You can confirm the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author Guidelines at the following web page: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting. Please submit your paper through for NOPE 2014.
Paper Submission Site:
Accepted papers presented at this workshop will be published by the IEEE Computer Society and distributed to the participants. Selected extended papers from the workshop will be invited for consideration for publication in special issues in the following Journals（Pending）.
(1) Computers & Security - Elsevier - (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 0.868)
(2) Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience - Wiley - (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 0.636)
(3) Security and Communication Networks - Wiley (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 0.414)
(4)Future Generation Computer Systems - Elsevier (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 1.978)
(5) Multimedia Tools and Applications - Springer (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 0.617)
(6) Journal of Internet Technology (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 0.508)
(7) Journal of Computer and System Sciences - Elsevier (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 1.157)
10 June, 2014- : Due date for full workshop papers submission (at least two reviews for each paper)
10 July, 2014: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
30 July，2014: Camera-ready of accepted papers
30 July，2014: Registration Due
24-26 September，2014: Conference Dates
Steering Committee Chairs:
Wei Li, Texas Southern University, USA,
Taoshen Li, Guangxi University, China,
Gaocai Wang, Guangxi University, China, email@example.com
Program Committee Members:
Dieter Fiems, Ghent University, Belgium.
Shuqiang Huang, Jinan University, China.
Juan F.Perez, Imperial College London, UK.
Haoqian Wang, Tsinghua University, China.
Yitian Peng, Southeast University, China.
Hongbin Chen, Guilin University of Electronic Technology, China.
Jin Ye, Guangxi University, China.
Junbin Liang, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.
Xianfeng Liu, Hunan Normal University, China.
Hao Zhang, Central South University, China.
Chuyuan Wei, Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture, China.
Hongyun Xu, South China University of Technology, China.
Zhefu Shi, University of Missouri, USA.
Songfeng Lu, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, China.
Yihui Deng, Jinan University, China.
Lei Zhang, Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture, China.
Xiaoheng Deng, Central South University, China.
Mingxing Luo, Southwest Jiaotong University, China.
Bin Sun, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China.
Zhiwei Wang, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications,China.
Yousheng Zhou,Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications,China.
Daofeng Li, Guangxi University, China.